Author Topic: shop closed....  (Read 184239 times)

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
shop closed....
« on: December 15, 2010, 06:55:45 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but I drive by the shop a lot. Last week, I noticed there were no cars in the parking lot. Monday morning, 12-13, I saw a real estate sign along US-75 outside the shop saying "AVAILABLE". Needless to say, this bummed me out severely. BUT, all is not lost. An unnamed source within the company provided the following information. Yes, the shop is closed. Yes, all employees were laid off. No, it is NOT a permanent situation. As of today, 12-15, there are at least three groups looking to aquire both the company assets and the rights to the name. All three have the money to not only bail out the company, but to position the company where Mats, Chase, and co. would want it to be. Namely, an AMERICAN motorcycle company, controlled from within America. Apparently the Swedish parent group didn't much care for the American connection in the first place, which is why the company was struggling to aquire funding after the loss of the upper management. With luck, sometime afer the first of the year, these negotiations will bear fruit, and US Highland will once again be poised to take the racing world by the scruff of the neck and say "We're here, deal with it!" Also, there was no mention of a move away from the Tulsa area. In related news, the sister company, Millenial Research Corp., has moved to a new facility in Broken Arrow, Ok., and seems to have an unlimited future in new-technology electric motors, generators, and wind energy. As I have had applications in with both companies for MONTHS, I, for one, am very happy to hear these developments, and will keep my ear to the ground, reporting any new information as I come across it. Chin up, mates, it ain't over yet!!!        
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:07:18 PM by justjed »

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: shop closed....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »
This is news to me. So the "shop" you mention is the headquarters?

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
Yeah, the headquarters. There were surveyors in the yard, and a "notice of lockout" on the front door. But, as I mentioned, things are not all bad, and there is hope for a bright future on the horizon. Fingers crossed, I want these guys to succeed!  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:25:47 PM by justjed »

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »
A second unnamed source close to US Highland has confirmed the information in my previous post. I will continue to post new information as it becomes available, everyone I've talked to has a lot of enthusiasm for the future of US Highland. I hope to see more activity on the forum soon, and can tell you that the management does monitor what's going on here. We are their eyes and ears in the real world, and they do like to hear what we are thinking.

John in Leeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
I feel so bad for those folk who had just been taken on - such great hope for the future and then the plug is pulled.

If ever Highland is reserected in the US hopefully they will in future use the kiss principle.   So many products and slogans relating to the fear in the competitors sets a new company up for a far greater risk of failure.

Thanks for the info
Highland for the Body but Guzzi for the Soul

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »
Based on my conversations with my sources, I am not looking for a shovel yet. They were working up until a couple of weeks ago, and I've not heard anything that leads me to believe they won't be back. Of course, this time of year is rough on any business, especially one in reorganization, but I am optimistic. After the first of the year, we'll just have to see what happens. Unless, of course, your guys know something my guys don't know.....

John in Leeds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 02:17:47 AM »
Hi Jed,  not sure how you can be so optimistic.  The history of Highland does not give me a lot of confidence if I am truly objective.  Don't get me wrong, I love the bike, its potential and the support I have had from Highland people.  Its just that there seems to be an inability to plan a simple course that will get a few properly sorted bikes into the hands of the riders who want them.  To produce a massive range of bikes for every occasion together with quads, electric motors etc really does not seem to be the way to start up.  I seem to have been banging on for years that a light, strong and powerful d/s would sell at a premium and instead we get cutting edge competition bikes, uk framed exotica and quads.  Its almost as if there is too much ego in the way. 

Sorry, rant over  :D

I await forthcoming events (again)....................

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:21:19 AM »
US Highland issued an official press release yesterday...

US Highland Initiates Management Restructure
TULSA, OK--(Marketwire - December 20, 2010) - Southbridge Advisory Group announced it has been engaged by US Highland, Inc. (OTCBB: UHLN) to serve in an advisory capacity assisting US Highland in structuring a new management team with a success record in the motorcycle industry. US Highland, Inc. is a U.S. based designer, power sports technology licensor, and manufacturer of high performance engines and premium quality Motocross, Supermoto, Quad and Enduro motorcycles.
Southbridge will further assist the company in daily operations until the new management team is in place. Southbridge will assist US Highland in their efforts to secure the long-term funding transactions that allow the company to launch their products for distribution.
Discussions are underway with potential key team members to fill the void first created in July of 2010 by the loss of US Highlands three key executives. The executive team will replace the interim management put forward in August of 2010. US Highland's goal is to minimize further delay in the company's advancement created from the loss of their management in the July, 2010 air crash.
Southbridge Advisory Group, Inc. is a management firm headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma offering management advisory and merger & acquisition services to small-cap companies in both the public and private sector. Their primary focus is engagement with emerging-growth enterprise or company restructures for further information visit www.southbridgegroup.biz.
About US Highland, Inc.: US Highland, Inc., is a US based designer, power sports technology licensor and manufacturer of high performance, premium quality Motocross, Supermoto, Quad and Enduro motorcycles. The Company is also a leading development and engineering partner for leading OEM's around the world. For additional information concerning US Highland Inc., visit www.ushighland.com.
Forward-looking Statement: This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain as they are based on current expectations and assumptions concerning future events of future performance of the company. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are only predictions and speak only as of the date hereof. In evaluation of such statements, prospective investors should review carefully various risks and uncertainties identified in this release and matters set forth in the company's SEC filings. These risks and uncertainties could cause the company's actual results to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements.

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
Well, not QUITE as optomistic as my sources were, but good news nonetheless. I assume our Admin guy is rather closely connected with US Highland management, as this info was not posted to the USH website. Yet. But, still and all, it looks to be good news in the long run, if not so much in the short term. Good wishes to the crew for the holidays, I know this is a rough time to be off work. Hopefully, this will all be sorted out soon, and you can get back to work. (And maybe I can get hired!) 

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
Nah, not well connected to US Highland besides some good email addresses. :D Just have my ear down to the web. Found it here via google alerts...

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/US-Highland-Initiates-Management-Restructure-1371695.htm

Really glad there is hope. Considering the crap the company has gone through many would pack it up.

John in Leeds

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 01:55:27 AM »
Does anyone know what progress was made in the OK facility?  A number of prototype bikes were produced and people had the chance to ride them.  There was also a Desert Storm based bike on display but no report.  What I think would be telling is if any bike had been submitted for DOT and EPA testing.  That would give clear sign of the intention of imminent production and sale.  My hunch is that has not happened and that it will take one hell of an effort to make Highland work in the US again  :(

For purely selfish reasons I would love to know what has happened to the stock and spares as I would like to get my mits on a Desert Storm fairing set.

Okdrtguy

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »
Guys please dont' post what your not sure of untill you have worked there . Other than what has been offically released don't bellieve anything, there is alot going on right now with Highland and it's future.

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »
OK, shutting up now...... :-X

John in Leeds

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:22 AM »
Guys please dont' post what your not sure of untill you have worked there . Other than what has been offically released don't bellieve anything, there is alot going on right now with Highland and it's future.

Its just so frustrating Okdrtguy.   Officially released; Forward looking statements, beligerent lines about the fear of competitors and leadership, a proposed product range bigger than Honda and a very checkered history to say the least.   All that when you have the lightest, torquiest motor out there and serious dirt expertise.  From where I sit Highland have/had the ability to put together an 'adventure bike' some 100lbs lighter than the competition - that would be a no brainer for making money. 

But hell what do I know  ::)

I really do wish you success, just been a long time coming.

dougedoug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »
I am hoping to open a small dealership in the spring and i still believe a well made american motorcycle will sell. I have talked to a lot of people in the Santa fe N.M. area and the response has been good. They just need to fix the v-twins idle/part throttle burble,the 450 motor is awsome. I thought they were just about to go into production,i was waiting for that magazine cover saying there here,getting a work in progress review was kinda pale. It sounds like no bikes went up for sale except some prototypes. I went to the open house and remain convinced that the bikes are awsome,the 950 rides like a somewhat heavy dirt bike and handles great and the 450 has more grunt than a bulldog in heat! I have talked to frame bending ATV riders that just drool at the ATV frame design and i have seen it jumped,it flys and does not bend. I really hope this company does not and when i open doors in the spring they will be the first manufacturer i call,i hope someone answers the phone.
Best of luck to all the people at Highland.