Author Topic: Street-Tracker...  (Read 26226 times)

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
Street-Tracker...
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »
Since nobody seems to have any real info on the dirt-tracker, I will post my impression of the Street-Tracker, as it seems to be a direct decendant of the idea. First impression? SMALL!!! Sitting on it, it feels like a mini-bike! I would say it's almost too light for the power it is capable of. 100-120hp in a 270lb machine? Scary! The frame seems more than capable of handling the power, a chrome-moly trellis type. Not quite as attractive as the Ducati Monster, but up to the task. It's a rear mono-shock, with the shock mounted considerably off the centerline on the left side. The swingarm seems beefy enough, but others might think it a little light. Track timewill tell! I did like the curved radiator much better than the flat piece on the Viking, that one doesn't look like it would survive an emergency get-off(just a little too wide, my opinion). The demo model had no instrumentation, but that's an easy fix. The tank is very small(and very attractive as well), 2 gallons, so long trips are probably out of the question. And anyway, the seat most likely would not be terribly comfortable on a long ride. But as a naked cafe racer type machine, you'd not likely be spending all day in the saddle anyway. I do like the LED taillight panel built into the rear fender. There was no front fender, but again, another easy fix, as the fork sliders have the mounts built in. Without the front fender, instruments, lights, and other unecessary accoutrements, you probably have the dirt-tracker. All in all, I would say that the XRs and Thruxtons had better be watching their 6s, there's a new sheriff in town!   

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Street-Tracker...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
Hey, thanks for the impressions of the street-tracker. those power/weight numbers sound insane.

John in Leeds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:54 PM »
The Tracker is another machine with tremendous potential. A genuine high power, low weight package.

The part that I'm really interested in is the inlet system that looks like it will fit the Desert Storm and the Outback/Allroad/Motard group. 
Highland for the Body but Guzzi for the Soul

ChristianBowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
Since nobody seems to have any real info on the dirt-tracker, I will post my impression of the Street-Tracker, as it seems to be a direct decendant of the idea. First impression? SMALL!!! Sitting on it, it feels like a mini-bike! I would say it's almost too led light for the power it is capable of. 100-120hp in a 270lb machine? Scary! The frame seems more than capable of handling the power, a chrome-moly trellis type. Not quite as attractive as the Ducati Monster, but up to the task. It's a rear mono-shock, with the shock mounted considerably off the centerline on the left side. The swingarm seems beefy enough, but others might think it a little light. Track timewill tell! I did like the curved radiator much better than the flat piece on the Viking, that one doesn't look like it would survive an emergency get-off(just a little too wide, my opinion). The demo model had no instrumentation, but that's an easy fix. The tank is very small(and very attractive as well), 2 gallons, so long trips are probably out of the question. And anyway, the seat most likely would not be terribly comfortable on a long ride. But as a naked cafe racer type machine, you'd not likely be spending all day in the saddle anyway. I do like the LED taillight panel built into the rear fender. There was no front fender, but again, another easy fix, as the fork sliders have the mounts built in. Without the front fender, instruments, lights, and other unecessary accoutrements, you probably have the dirt-tracker. All in all, I would say that the XRs and Thruxtons had better be watching their 6s, there's a new sheriff in town!

Thanks for the information..From where I could get the street tracker?Sorry for old thread reply but please reply
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:06:06 AM by ChristianBowers »