Author Topic: 950 Highland De-restricted Exhaust  (Read 7550 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
950 Highland De-restricted Exhaust
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
The sound of the Highland with the catalytic convertors removed and 50mm straight through perforated stainless steel pipe fitted and packed with fibreglass and wire wool wadding. Far less restriction and a deeper more up front sound

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 950 Highland De-restricted Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:48:02 AM »
So, here is where the video came from...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10522708&postcount=333

More pics and info on how the mod was done.

Looks dangerous.  :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:51:04 AM by admin »

soundccduke

• Gramma was an Okee too
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
So where are the after market slip ons for this bike? No company makes " for off highway use" exhaust for the V-twin bikes? I seem to remember reading about Jardine being the exhaust supplier for the new twins. They have a great winning history as the exhaust of choice in the HRC Days. in fact I believe Nickey Hayden was on a v twin RC 51 with Jardine's when he won the AMA superbike title. Please tell me that this is not the only way to derestrict the US Highland bikes, that it is just the Okee way to do it.

950v2

• View Profile
    • www.racing.gs
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »
So where are the after market slip ons for this bike? No company makes " for off highway use" exhaust for the V-twin bikes? I seem to remember reading about Jardine being the exhaust supplier for the new twins. They have a great winning history as the exhaust of choice in the HRC Days. in fact I believe Nickey Hayden was on a v twin RC 51 with Jardine's when he won the AMA superbike title. Please tell me that this is not the only way to derestrict the US Highland bikes, that it is just the Okee way to do it.

There used to be s carbon-fibre SIL motor exhaust for the 950 which sounds incredible good. It was used on the "Höga Kusten Performance" tuned bikes. I have one on my 950 http://www.racing.gs/n/
I do not know where to get it nowadays. Maybee the guys at the swedish part of Highland might know.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:18:05 AM by 950v2 »