Author Topic: Loads of info on the 950 [tags: Highland, 950, advrider]  (Read 6313 times)

John in Leeds

• View Profile
Loads of info on the 950 [tags: Highland, 950, advrider]
« on: February 24, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
Delighted to join a forum devoted to Highland.   For those who would like info of what this motor is like to live with just work your way through this thread 

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130990

We have been keeping the faith for the last 4 years  - let's hope our faith is finally justified.   Good Luck HighlandForums.com
Highland for the Body but Guzzi for the Soul

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loads of info on the 950
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
That thread is the single best source of information on Highland Motorcycles. IMHO anyway.

We are lucky to have John In Leeds (one of the busiest authors of that thread) on this site. Thanks for posting all that John!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:08:49 AM by admin »

John in Leeds

• View Profile
Re: Loads of info on the 950 [tags: Highland, 950, advrider]
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
We are also lucky to have Greasesnake (FettSnok) here too, a first class innovator, engineer and a top rider too, soon to bring us the 'Hooligan'  :o
Highland for the Body but Guzzi for the Soul

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »
Yeah, nit to many guy reengineer air intake systems for fun. I need to add a bow emoticon. Maybe I will steal all advriders emoticons. :D Baldy won't care. :)

Holligan? Can't wait!

JoeH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:20 AM »
Anxiously awaiting the progress on these machines! I'm currently riding a 2008 KLR 650 and I really, really want to throw a leg over one of those 950's! In the meantime, I'll wait "patiently".....

Regards, JoeH

justjed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
I've had the pleasure of some seat-time with the 950 Desert-Storm. No, I didn't actually get to ride the beast, but I gave it a very thorough going-over, and did get to throw a leg over. A little tall for me, personally, but that could probably be rectified(at least a little) by some judicious rear suspension adjustment. I was impressed by the good looks, and solid feel of the machine. No provisions on the floor model for hard bags(panniers), but that will change, according to the info I got. It will be a proper adventure bike, with appropriate luggage capability. I know KTM and BMW are the front runners in the category, but hope to see USH in the top tier pretty soon. 

JoeH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »
JustJed, Thanks for the info! At 6'-2" & a 34" inseam, that should be "just right" for me. Sort of afraid to throw a leg over that beast. I might be too tempted to ride off into the sunset..... ;)